Working With Us
You can expect a small, fun and friendly team with around 85 staff at THCH. We were formed in March 2000 and continue to develop and grow as an organisation. Here we just like to keep it simple. We do the right things, the right way whilst demonstrating value for money. If you would like to join our team then its important you share our values – every idea and every person counts here. If you are the type who wants their contribution to really add value in a small community-based housing association, then you’ve come to the right place. Here, your hard work and passion pays off.
– Creating vibrant places to live in Tower Hamlets
– Supporting people to achieve their goals, and
– Delivering great value services
Open – being transparent, sharing information in a clear and honest way
Partnership – recognising the importance and added value that comes from working together
Integrity – being fair, honest and respectful to others
Inclusive – recognising, valuing and celebrating the differences between people
Empathy – identifying with a customer’s feelings and having respect for alternate points of view
We offer great benefits and flexibility to our THCH staff:
- Our full time hours are 35 hours per week and there’s flexible working hours for most staff
- An annual wellbeing allowance
- 28 days holiday, which increases to 33 days holiday after 5 years service, plus bank holidays, 3 concessionary days off at Christmas and one extra day at Springtime (or adjacent to another Bank Holiday of your choice)
- SHPS pension scheme - matched contributions up to a total of 14%
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Car parking (which is available at a cost)
- An Employee Assistance Programme including a free confidential counselling helpline and we have five Mental Health First Aiders on our staff.
Statement of our approach to Diversity and Inclusion in employment
We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and want the organisation to reflect the diverse communities we serve in Tower Hamlets. We will create a culture where the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion are visible and actively championed at all levels and where our staff are educated, empowered and confident in modelling inclusive behaviours.
We will achieve this by:
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining the best talent
- Strengthening our leadership, management and talent pipeline
- Developing an inclusive work environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to realise their full potential
- Creating a positive impact on our company culture; especially employee engagement and resident satisfaction
- Reflecting our social purpose as a developer of homes and communities as well as providing high-quality resident services
- Adopting the recommendations of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets BAME Inequalities Commission to the benefit of our employees; residents and communities.
“I am registered disabled and work for THCH, I started working for THCH over 2 years ago and I have found them to be very supportive of my needs. I was given a dedicated parking spot which enabled me to travel to work, without the stress of travelling on public transport which I found painful and difficult. I have had full support from THCH when I applied for an access to work grant which enabled me to have specialist equipment bought through a Government grant.
I would highly recommend THCH as a Disability Confident employer, they have shown me lots of empathy and I have been able to progress in my personal development within the organisation.”
Repairs and Contracts Manager
We are a certified provider on the Government's Kickstart Scheme, which creates job placements for 16-24 year olds collecting Universal Credit.
How to apply
Please email to email@example.com :
- your CV which should not be longer than 3 A4 pages
- a supporting statement no longer than 1 A4 page outlining how you meet the criteria for this role
- and the Candidates Essentials form
Click following link to view our privacy notice for job applicants