Moving home

Moving home

Whether your living situation has changed, or you fancy a quieter life, there may come a time when your home is no longer suited to your needs. 

If you'd like to move, we're on hand to help. Find out below how to swap your home, potentially buy it, or end your tenancy with us. 

Our homes are allocated to people who have registered on the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (LBTH) Housing Register, we do not have our own waiting list. 

Register with LBTH

Swapping your home

Mutual Exchanges

You have the right to carry out a mutual exchange (swapping your home with another social housing resident) as long as the exchange is into an appropriately sized home, according to the age and size of your household.

Find out more

If you are aged 60 or over and want to move out of London you can register for the Seaside & Country Homes scheme.


Ending your tenancy

Saying goodbye

If you want to end your tenancy, you'll need to give us four weeks notice in writing. You'll also need to:

  • Contact us to get the forms you need
  • Allow us access to inspect your home before your tenancy ends for any repairs and viewings

  • Ensure your keys are returned to us on time (if not we may charge you for this)

  • Make sure your rent account is paid up to the date when your tenancy ends

  • Arrange removal of all your belongings and rubbish from the home and garden – if you do not do this we may charge you for it

  • Repair or pay for any damages you have in any way caused

  • Leave behind your gas or electricity key cards (if you have one)

  • Tell the Post Office, the Council Tax office, and your gas, electricity, water and any benefit providers

We're here to help. Get in touch on 020 7780 3070 or