Bailey Tower, Martineau Square and Harrison House
We are pleased to be able to share the good news that THCH have received confirmation from MHCLG that we have been successful in our bid for Building Safety Fund grant funding for cladding remediation for leaseholders at Bailey Tower and Harrison House. We are now in pre-contract negotiations for the main cladding works with Kier construction, to undertake this work for us.
|Appointment of Principal Contractor (Kier Construction)||March 2021|
|Enabling and Opening Up Works||March/April 2021|
|Final Design Development with Contractor||April/May 2021|
|Principal Contractor Temporary Works Design Incl. Rail||April/May 2021|
|Principal Contractor Final Costing Review||August 2021|
|Principal Contractor Approval All Works||October 2021|
|Start on Site Main Works||November 2021|
In the meantime, we have also:
- Undertaken compartmentation firestopping within the communal areas through the original developer, Bellway.
- Our consultants and contractors have attended your block in preparation for the main remediation works. This included further detailed survey work, where we opened up further and extensive parts of the building to examine the construction behind the cladding. This additional preparatory work has helped us to finalise the scope of remedial works that are required for your block.
- Recently completed the fire alarm installation to alert all residents of a fire now the blocks are on simultaneous evacuation. Final testing has been completed to the fire alarm system which is now fully operational. The waking watch service shall continue during this period.
- In ongoing discussions with the original developer, Bellway, about their contribution to the defective fire safety remediation works that are required, including those firestopping works within the flats.
What to expect in the coming weeks:
- On-going negotiations with our principal contractor, Kier are taking place to resolve any project risks and to agree the main programme.
Harrison House EWS1 Pack:
Paul Abraham is THCH's independent project manager leading on the Bailey Tower, Martineau Square and Harrison House fire safety cladding remediation project. He has extensive experience within the public and construction sectors and will oversee all consultants through the design stages along with the on-site construction stages utilising the specialist services of national contractor, Kier Construction Ltd to ensure the successful delivery of the project; ensuring that THCH receive a quality service in a timely and cost effective manner.
Paul can be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com