Bailey Tower, Martineau Square and Harrison House
We are pleased to be able to share the good news that THCH received confirmation from the DLUHC that we have been successful in our application for Building Safety Fund grant for the cladding remediation for leaseholders within your blocks. Having designed for its replacement THCH are now in contract with Kier Construction for the main external cladding works, which have now commenced on site.
|Appointment of Principal Contractor (Kier Construction)||March 2021|
|Enabling and Opening Up Works||March/April 2021|
|Final Design Development with Contractor||May 2021|
|Principal Contractor Temporary Works Design Incl. Rail||June 2021|
|Principal Contractor Final Costing Review||October 2021|
|Principal Contractor Approval All Works||December 2021|
|Start on Site Main Works||February 2022|
In the meantime, we have also:
- Partially completed compartmentation firestopping works within the communal areas through the original developer, Bellway.
- Early enabling works started on 30th March 2021 in order to meet the conditions of our Building Safety Fund Grant
- Since then our consultants and Kier attended your block in preparation for the main remediation works. This included further detailed survey work, they opened up extensive parts of the building to examine the construction behind the cladding. This additional preparatory work has helped us to finalise the scope of remedial works that are required for your block.
- Completed the fire alarm installation to alert all residents in the event of fire within the blocks which remain on simultaneous evacuation until all of the recladding and compartmentation works are complete. Final testing has been completed to the fully operational fire alarm system. The waking watch service shall continue during this period.
- We are in ongoing discussions with the original developer, Bellway and the NHBC about their contribution to the defective fire safety remediation works that are required, including those firestopping works within the flats.
What to expect in the coming weeks:
- Kier have now taken possession of the site. With the limited space available they have had to set up their permanent site compound in the Martineau Square and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Kiers Resident Liaison Officer will be writing and meeting with you all to answer any queries relating to their works.
- Fire alarm servicing of all detectors and panels within the blocks under immediate evacuation in the event of a fire breaking out.
- Our consultants will be undertaking internal schedules of condition of all flats and areas affected by the recladding works as a record.
- Scaffolding will be erected to the north, east and west elevations to first floor level to enable the deconstruction of the external masonry skin brickwork at the lower levels prior reinstatement with compliant materials and brickwork to match existing.
- We will hold monthly resident meetings to discuss progress which will be communicated with you directly and look forward to meeting you.
Harrison House EWS1 Pack:
Paul Abraham is THCH's independent project manager leading on the Bailey Tower, Martineau Square and Harrison House fire safety cladding remediation project. He has extensive experience within the construction and public sectors and will oversee all consultants through the design and procurement stages along with the on-site construction stages utilising the specialist services of national contractor, Kier Construction Ltd to ensure the successful delivery of the project; to ensure that THCH receive a quality service in a timely and cost effective manner.
Paul can be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com